Virtual tours have become a marketing buzzword for colleges for quite some time now. And the pandemic has made it crystal-clear why virtual is the way to go if you want students to explore your offerings from the comfort and safety of their homes. But, in order to stand out among countless colleges in the USA, just knowing how to create a virtual tour is not enough. Get ideas from these 10 college campus virtual tours that have stolen the show for many reasons. Read on.
- Marietta College – This tour starts with a sweeping view of the lush college ground and stately architectures. Prospective students can explore every corner, starting from Harrison Hall and Fayerweather Hall to Anderson Hancock Planetarium and Hermann Fine Arts Center. It is easy to zoom in, zoom out, and ‘Apply’ or ‘Visit’. A map shows the exact location of the college and its surroundings.
- Northwest Mississippi Community College – Listed among the top 10 college virtual tours, it shows a crisp menu on the left side so that students can click on the part of the campus they wish to explore, be it the academic building, the residence hall or the athletic facilities. Apart from buttons that make contacting the college or applying easy, the tour has plenty of social share buttons.
- Covenant College – The fact that the campus is surrounded by gorgeous scenery becomes evident from the virtual tour’s start. The stunning architecture, as well as the Barnes Gymnasium, Kresge Memorial Library and Lucas Art Workshop, are covered by this tour. Navigation is super simple and students can share the tour on social media channels quickly.
- Virginia Tech – A mix of aerial and panoramic views greet you when you start this tour. The campus layout, the verdant surroundings and the beautiful buildings can impress any prospective student. Availability of buttons for navigation, zooming, rotation and viewing and sharing the tour map make this one of the top college virtual tours.
- Webster Vienna Private University – This virtual tour allows students to explore the university floor by floor with the help of an easy menu on the left. A map in the corner makes real-life navigation easy. The tour takes you all around the beautiful vintage-style establishment, while focusing on the facilities.
- Ohio State University Mansfield Campus – Made stylishly, this virtual tour takes you through the Ovalwood Hall, Conard Hall, Memorial Center, Village Apartments and Eco-Lab Wetlands. The gorgeous lawns and contemporary structures add to the appeal. Buttons for scheduling a visit, applying and registering are clearly visible at the bottom.
- West Liberty University – From the College Hall and College Union to athletic spaces and educational halls like Campbell and Arnett, this virtual tour offers a holistic view of this university. Students can click and explore any place in any sequence they like. Social share, audio and VR buttons are on the right.
- Illinois State University – Gorgeously landscaped grounds and modern structures have been highlighted in this tour through aerial views. As one of the top college campus virtual tours, it is straightforward, with options to check out academics, athletics and student life. Crisp pop-ups explain important aspects of the campus. You can download the tour for offline viewing too.
- Mississippi Valley State University – This tour starts with the image of the campus wrapped around our planet, for a unique feel. On clicking, the image expands to a close-up of the university. Students can explore every part of the campus, starting from William Sutton Administration Building and R.W. Harrison Complex to Business Education Building and J.H. White Library. Aerial views and campus videos are available too.
- Cambridge College – The ultramodern architecture of the college makes for a great start to the tour. Minimalistic pop-ups appear to provide important information, while the menu on the left side allows students to explore the entrance, atrium, standard and skyfold classrooms, seminar rooms and more.
So, you now have a fair idea about what makes top college campus virtual tours click, right? An immersive, interactive experience that highlights the best things about your institution and reveals the real picture of student life is what prospective applicants look for. Plus, the tour needs to be easy to take and should feature actionable options. Looking to create a smashing tour soon? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is nothing like photography to capture even the simplest of moments or scenes accurately and treasure them for years. Since 1839, the art of photography has come a long way though, and become more intelligent, intuitive and versatile. Today, it is not just people who capture beautiful images of everything they eat, places they visit, or the things they do. Businesses too are tapping into the immense potential of photography to power up their online presence, connect with customers, get more leads and build a credible brand image. So, being aware of photography 2021 trends is not just helpful, but also essential. To know what they are, read on:
- Artificial Intelligence will spread its wings – AI is undoubtedly the future of photography, whether it comes to automatic exposures, autofocus systems, stabilization or tracking. Especially, in case of auto focusing, AI is likely to make a bigger mark by ensuring accurate exposure for entire scenes. Even image editing software and tools will probably use AI more intensely, to get parameters like brightness, color, balance, and sharpness right. With time, AI might also be able to identify the kind of photos that are just right for your purpose and delete others.
- 360⁰ photography will become more popular – 360 degree photography in 2021 will grab eyeballs like never before. As such photos are panoramic and holistic in nature, hotels, restaurants, gyms, golf courses, real estate companies, cafes, and even colleges will make use of these to give potential customers an in-depth peek into their workings. Moreover, these photos can be used to create interactive and immersive virtual tours, through which viewers can explore all parts of an establishment, zoom out or in, click on embedded links, and take in a scene from various angles.
- Shooting in natural light will be a new photography trend – One of the top photography 2021 trends will be shooting in bright and natural light, for a realistic feel. When done right, the shadows can make the photos look elegant as well as genuine. Though this trend might work the most in case of outdoor shoots like lawns, gardens, sports grounds etc., interior shoots might make use of sunlight too. Moreover, photos shot in natural light will have white and bright areas where relevant text can be included, especially if you are trying to sell a home, or highlight the best things about a college campus, or showcase the special offers at a restaurant.
Read – Why Visual Marketing is the Future for Businesses
- Authenticity will feature on the list of photography 2021 trends – There’s no denying that times have changed, with people dealing with the pandemic, isolation, remote work and mundane lives. This means, photography will tend to become more ‘real’, and as close to the actual situation as possible. For instance, a hotel or café photographs might portray staff members in masks, campus photos might look deserted, and a fitness centre’s photos might show members maintaining distance while working out. Even image editing might become less glamorous than usual.
- VR and AR will make experiences richer – Unlike conventional photography, virtual reality or augmented reality makes it possible for viewers to ‘experience’ a setting, situation or possibility, rather than simply viewing, it. For instance, virtual reality can help a prospective student realize how life on a college campus will actually be like. Or, thanks to augmented reality, someone who is planning to sign up for a golf membership can visualize how it will be like to play on a particular course. This form of photography can make it easy for customers to compare different places and experiences and make better decisions.
To wrap up, the future of photography is all set to be exciting, realistic and as innovative as possible. Whether you want to capture the best moments of a family vacation, improve your website or social media pages, or make your business listing on Google more attractive, visuals will reign supreme. And all the top photography professionals will make sure that they keep up with the above trends to give you exactly what you want. So, what are you waiting for? If you need awesome photographs that help you stand out from a million others, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Read – Find Out Why Your Business Needs 3D Mapping for That Competitive Edge
There was a time when students used to visit multiple colleges in person before they could decide which one to go for. Thanks to technology though, virtual tours are slowly and surely replacing physical campus visits and making the experience easier and more affordable for students. But, what you need to understand is that many colleges are taking the virtual tour route, especially in the wake of COVID, and you need to go the extra mile to stand out. So, here are some tips for college virtual tours that will come in handy.
- Hire professionals to make the tour – Creating an immersive, interesting and highly informative tour is not a cakewalk. Professionals who know A to Z about photography and videography can help though as they have enough knowledge about where to shoot, how to shoot and when to shoot. They can advise you as to what to focus on, the kind of extra information you can include and how you can bring in more applications.
- Include information that is not there on Google – This is one of the top things to consider for college virtual tours. Students can easily find out about the departments you have, courses you offer, the kind of faculty you boast and so on, with a simple Google search. So, your virtual tour should show something extra, like what are the latest majors, what kind of food your cafeteria serves, and activities that students enjoy on weekends.
- Help students make informed decisions – If a student is taking multiple college virtual tours, they will want to compare every minute aspect before taking a call. Plus, many applicants have specific questions related to academics, sports, exchange programs, and so on. So, highlight every aspect of your institution, ranging from the classrooms, dorms and labs to gym, library, garden and pool. This will help students decide if your college fits what they have in mind. Highlight past achievements of students or where they got placed to earn confidence.
Read – How Virtual College Tours are Changing the Student Recruitment Game
- Create a tour for all gadgets – Among all the tips for college virtual tours, you can’t miss this. Remember that students don’t always lug around their laptop or crack it open whenever they want to check out a college tour. They might want to go through it on their mobile devices while hanging out with friends. So, make sure your tour is mobile-friendly too and not just desktop-friendly. And don’t forget to make it easily shareable via messaging apps and social media channels.
- Be careful about the lighting and décor – Usually, outdoor shots are taken right before sunset for the best colors and contrasts, while indoor shots can look amazing even with artificial lighting. However, if your college receives ample sunlight, professionals might not suggest artificial sources for indoor shots. Talk to them to figure out the best time, angles, and atmosphere. Plus, make sure every area you shoot is absolutely clean and is decorated to reflect your college’s values. Anything that might be offensive to any kind of student should be removed.
- Allow students to reach out – No matter how exhaustive and informative your college tour is, students will always have questions at the end of the tour or even somewhere in between. For instance, while they are exploring lecture halls, they might wonder if the faculty offers extra lessons if required. Or, while exploring the fitness center and sports ground, their parents might wonder about the kind of safety provisions in place. So, insert numbers or email addresses of admissions staff and student representatives wherever needed.
The above guide to virtual campus tours will make it easy for you to plan and execute a tour that convinces students to apply. And since these tours are easy to embed as well, you can feature them on your website, social media platform and even use them for email marketing. As far as professional help and advice is concerned, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you to discuss your needs in detail.
Must Read – Get Your College the Attention It deserves with a Custom Virtual Tour