If you are reading this, you are already aware how useful a Google My Business listing can be for your business. However, there are many business owners like you out there who share this knowledge. This is why adding Google My Business photos to your listing can help you stand out and gain a competitive edge. So, are you eager to get started? Read on to know exactly how such photos will help you and the things to keep in mind when you add them.
Reasons to add Google My Business photos to your listing
- Establishes trust – Photos that clearly show the inside and outside of your business, the products you make or services you offer, and the people who work with you, help in building the trust of potential customers almost immediately.
- Improves engagement and decision-making – The importance of Google My Business photos lies in the fact that they help customers understand what you do better. This way, prospects feel interested, tend to contact you for more details and make decisions quickly. They can compare your business easily with others and take a call without having to research much.
How to add Google My Business photos?
Make sure your business is verified by Google before you start. You can either use the GMB mobile app or a desktop to add photos. Just navigate to the Menu section and then the Photos section to add images or videos. Keep these points in mind:
- Google My Business photos must be in PNG or JPG format.
- 720 x 720 pixels are the dimensions required.
- The image file size needs to be between 10KB and 5MB.
- Make sure that the images have a crisp resolution and are show brightly lit places.
- Avoid altering the photos or using filters.
- To add Logo or Cover photo, choose the relevant option in the Photos section and upload. The logo should be crystal clear and the cover photo should be one that looks well on both laptops and mobile devices.
- Adding videos or Google virtual tours is similar to what you do for photos. Just make sure that the video is at most 30 seconds long and the file size is not more than 100 MB. Go for a resolution of 720p or higher.
Tips to add Google My Business photos that make an impact
To make the maximum impact with your Google My Business photos, keep these pointers in mind:
- Your logo should be such that potential customers can identify your brand instantly.
- The cover photo should ideally indicate what your business is all about.
- General pictures, which can be uploaded by both you and customers, should highlight various aspects of your business. These should help other prospects make an informed decision.
- Videos can offer behind-the-scenes information about your business or brand, how a product gets made or how your employees offer a particular service.
- Try and upload both exterior and interior photos to maintain transparency about your business.
- If you sell products, upload their high-quality photos to make the quality, colors, dimensions, easily understandable. If you offer services, show your workforce in action.
- If you are in the food business, upload tempting images of your dishes. Same goes for beverages.
- Upload photos of happy employees or those who directly interact with your customers to seem real and gain trust.
All in all, add Google My business photos to your listing to grab eyeballs quickly, make a lasting impression, earn customer trust and encourage them to choose you over others. It is easy to do as long as you keep the above tips and ideas in mind. And if you need a bit of guidance to go about it the right way, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you soon.