There is nothing like photography to capture even the simplest of moments or scenes accurately and treasure them for years. Since 1839, the art of photography has come a long way though, and become more intelligent, intuitive and versatile. Today, it is not just people who capture beautiful images of everything they eat, places they visit, or the things they do. Businesses too are tapping into the immense potential of photography to power up their online presence, connect with customers, get more leads and build a credible brand image. So, being aware of photography 2021 trends is not just helpful, but also essential. To know what they are, read on:
- Artificial Intelligence will spread its wings – AI is undoubtedly the future of photography, whether it comes to automatic exposures, autofocus systems, stabilization or tracking. Especially, in case of auto focusing, AI is likely to make a bigger mark by ensuring accurate exposure for entire scenes. Even image editing software and tools will probably use AI more intensely, to get parameters like brightness, color, balance, and sharpness right. With time, AI might also be able to identify the kind of photos that are just right for your purpose and delete others.
- 360⁰ photography will become more popular – 360 degree photography in 2021 will grab eyeballs like never before. As such photos are panoramic and holistic in nature, hotels, restaurants, gyms, golf courses, real estate companies, cafes, and even colleges will make use of these to give potential customers an in-depth peek into their workings. Moreover, these photos can be used to create interactive and immersive virtual tours, through which viewers can explore all parts of an establishment, zoom out or in, click on embedded links, and take in a scene from various angles.
- Shooting in natural light will be a new photography trend – One of the top photography 2021 trends will be shooting in bright and natural light, for a realistic feel. When done right, the shadows can make the photos look elegant as well as genuine. Though this trend might work the most in case of outdoor shoots like lawns, gardens, sports grounds etc., interior shoots might make use of sunlight too. Moreover, photos shot in natural light will have white and bright areas where relevant text can be included, especially if you are trying to sell a home, or highlight the best things about a college campus, or showcase the special offers at a restaurant.
Read – Why Visual Marketing is the Future for Businesses
- Authenticity will feature on the list of photography 2021 trends – There’s no denying that times have changed, with people dealing with the pandemic, isolation, remote work and mundane lives. This means, photography will tend to become more ‘real’, and as close to the actual situation as possible. For instance, a hotel or café photographs might portray staff members in masks, campus photos might look deserted, and a fitness centre’s photos might show members maintaining distance while working out. Even image editing might become less glamorous than usual.
- VR and AR will make experiences richer – Unlike conventional photography, virtual reality or augmented reality makes it possible for viewers to ‘experience’ a setting, situation or possibility, rather than simply viewing, it. For instance, virtual reality can help a prospective student realize how life on a college campus will actually be like. Or, thanks to augmented reality, someone who is planning to sign up for a golf membership can visualize how it will be like to play on a particular course. This form of photography can make it easy for customers to compare different places and experiences and make better decisions.
To wrap up, the future of photography is all set to be exciting, realistic and as innovative as possible. Whether you want to capture the best moments of a family vacation, improve your website or social media pages, or make your business listing on Google more attractive, visuals will reign supreme. And all the top photography professionals will make sure that they keep up with the above trends to give you exactly what you want. So, what are you waiting for? If you need awesome photographs that help you stand out from a million others, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.