If you are reading this, you are already aware how useful a Google My Business listing can be for your business. However, there are many business owners like you out there who share this knowledge. This is why adding Google My Business photos to your listing can help you stand out and gain a competitive edge. So, are you eager to get started? Read on to know exactly how such photos will help you and the things to keep in mind when you add them.
Reasons to add Google My Business photos to your listing
- Establishes trust – Photos that clearly show the inside and outside of your business, the products you make or services you offer, and the people who work with you, help in building the trust of potential customers almost immediately.
- Improves engagement and decision-making – The importance of Google My Business photos lies in the fact that they help customers understand what you do better. This way, prospects feel interested, tend to contact you for more details and make decisions quickly. They can compare your business easily with others and take a call without having to research much.
How to add Google My Business photos?
Make sure your business is verified by Google before you start. You can either use the GMB mobile app or a desktop to add photos. Just navigate to the Menu section and then the Photos section to add images or videos. Keep these points in mind:
- Google My Business photos must be in PNG or JPG format.
- 720 x 720 pixels are the dimensions required.
- The image file size needs to be between 10KB and 5MB.
- Make sure that the images have a crisp resolution and are show brightly lit places.
- Avoid altering the photos or using filters.
- To add Logo or Cover photo, choose the relevant option in the Photos section and upload. The logo should be crystal clear and the cover photo should be one that looks well on both laptops and mobile devices.
- Adding videos or Google virtual tours is similar to what you do for photos. Just make sure that the video is at most 30 seconds long and the file size is not more than 100 MB. Go for a resolution of 720p or higher.
Read – Does Your Business Need Google Street View? The Pro & Cons of Google Street View
Tips to add Google My Business photos that make an impact
To make the maximum impact with your Google My Business photos, keep these pointers in mind:
- Your logo should be such that potential customers can identify your brand instantly.
- The cover photo should ideally indicate what your business is all about.
- General pictures, which can be uploaded by both you and customers, should highlight various aspects of your business. These should help other prospects make an informed decision.
- Videos can offer behind-the-scenes information about your business or brand, how a product gets made or how your employees offer a particular service.
- Try and upload both exterior and interior photos to maintain transparency about your business.
- If you sell products, upload their high-quality photos to make the quality, colors, dimensions, easily understandable. If you offer services, show your workforce in action.
- If you are in the food business, upload tempting images of your dishes. Same goes for beverages.
- Upload photos of happy employees or those who directly interact with your customers to seem real and gain trust.
All in all, add Google My business photos to your listing to grab eyeballs quickly, make a lasting impression, earn customer trust and encourage them to choose you over others. It is easy to do as long as you keep the above tips and ideas in mind. And if you need a bit of guidance to go about it the right way, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you soon.
Read Also – 6 Ways in which Google Street View takes your business to a whole new level
If you are a business owner who stays on top of things when it comes to online marketing, you must have heard of Google Street View. This cool feature on Google Maps lets people take a virtual tour of your business’s surroundings as well as interiors. And they can do it while relaxing at home or while taking a walk in the park or during lunch break at the office. Now, that’s an awesome way to boost online visibility, engage your potential clients, and give them a sneak peek into what you offer. After all, this is the road that will lead them towards conversion. Whether you are a hotel, café, gym or spa, using Google Street View for business has plenty of benefits. Read on to know all about them.
- Makes customers trust you – Having a Google Street View virtual tour means you have nothing to hide from your potential customers. They can explore your property whenever they want and from wherever they want and put all their doubts to rest. Customers will also know that you are not making tall claims for nothing!
- Eases the decision process – With Google Street View, small businesses can clearly show prospects how their establishment looks like, the things they stock up on, and what kind of atmosphere they promise. Naturally, this makes it easy for your customers to compare your business with others, research easily and make a decision quickly. In absence of such a tour, they have to waste a lot of time reading other people’s reviews and hunting for pictures before taking a call.
Read – Why Visual Marketing is the Future for Businesses
- Attracts the right kind of audience – Imagine that you are a small boutique that sells only vintage wedding dresses and have some really unique pieces in your collection. Google Street View will help you reach out to the target audience for such dresses easily. When prospects take a tour, they will quickly realize where your specialty lies and why they should choose you over others. Also, by adding such a virtual tour to your Google My Business listing, you can attract more local customers.
- Spreads a good word about you – This is among the top benefits of Google Street View as someone who has purchased something from your store or dined at your café can show the virtual tour to others while talking about the nice experience he had. For example, if a man buys a pair of stylish loafers from your store and talks about it to his friends while showing your street view, they will be more likely to believe his words. And, who knows, they might visit you too!
Read Also – 5 Ways in Which the Real Estate Industry is Benefitting from Virtual Tours
- Prepares potential customers – The reason why most forward-thinking businesses are adopting Google Street View is because it tells people what they might expect when they reach your store, hotel, restaurant or any other establishment. Like, they will know beforehand where to park, how to approach, how to dress, and will be able to gauge the vibe and safety of your locality too.
- Creates a lasting impression – Since the human brain tends to process images faster and retain them more than plain text, Google Street View for small businesses or even big ones can ensure better recall and make a positive impression. Even still images have become passé as immersive and realistic experiences are in. Hence, virtual tours are the way to go if you want to create a deep connection.
Now that you have a fair idea about the various advantages of Google Street View, it’s time to take action. Give your business a special boost with all-encompassing virtual tours, especially if your competitors are yet to warm up to the idea. Need a little help to get started? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Read Also – Google Interactive Tours vs Street View: Which is Better?