The human brain can process visual information 60,000 times faster than simple text. Surprised? Well, if you think about it, you can indeed remember photographs or videos better than just words. This is the reason why, when a brand puts up a funny or emotional video online, people tend to connect or relate with it better. So, if businesses wish to survive an intensely competitive marketplace (physical or digital), visual marketing is the way to go.
Popular Content Types for Visual Marketing
Visual marketing essentially refers to the use of images, drawings, logos or symbols, posters and videos, to send your brand message across. Different visual mediums can be used to narrate your brand’s story, vision, and how you can help potential customers. Here is a look at the most popular visual marketing content types:
- Photography – Be it a website, blog, online magazine, e-book, e-store, Google business listing or physical marketing material, high quality photographs can make a world of difference. A picture that is well-shot, color-balanced and perfectly touched up, can say more than a thousand words. 360 degree or panoramic photos are especially popular nowadays.
- Videography – When you add action and emotion to pictures intelligently, you get videos that evoke happiness, curiosity, and love. Since 90% of the information processed by a brain is visual, brands are embracing video marketing to engage their target audience and ensure better recall.
- Virtual tours – Businesses likehotels,eateries, spas, gymnasiums, academic institutions and even sports centers can use virtual tours to provide an interactive and engaging experience to prospective customers. These tours allow you to explore every corner of the establishment, from floor to ceiling to décor theme and furniture to lighting and windows. This realistic experience helps customers to choose easily.
Advantages of Visual Marketing
By embracing visual marketing, a business can benefit in the following ways:
- Better and organic website traffic – Relevant and good quality visuals can attract more visitors to a site and also compel them to linger and read the associated text. Infographics and videos get more visitors too, as they are visually rich.
- Search engine ranking improves – Bright, crisp, and appealing visuals can make your web or blog content seem more relevant and useful. And more people will be drawn to it, thus making your website more important in the eyes of search engine algorithms. Consequently, you will rank higher.
- Easy and fast brand messaging – Imagescan talk volumes about your brand value, image and mission, even if the visitor doesn’t read the text. Visuals that highlight product benefits or features are especially useful.
- Greater brand recall and audience engagement – Visualmarketing not only improves brand awareness, but also helps your target audience to recall product features and advantages better. It has been noticed that when people read something that includes images, they can recall more than 60% of it. However, just hearing about something leads to 10% recall after a couple of days.
- Increased shareability on social media – Have younoticed how more people tend to read social media posts that contain images rather than those that are just text-heavy? Naturally, they end up sharing text-heavy posts less too. So, incorporating memes, images or videos is essential while marketing your brand on social channels.
- Improves decision-making ability – When brands use visual mediums like videos, virtual tours, images or infographics, the viewer tends to feel an emotional connect. Plus, he or she understands the brand or its products more comprehensively. This pushes the viewer to make a buying decision more often.
- Exploring new markets will be easier – Sinceimages have no language barrier, you can use these to appeal to markets in other countries. Of course, your website will have a translation option, but pictures can encourage viewers to consider trying your product or service.
To wrap up, humans have an average attention span of 8 seconds, and brands can make the right move by using visual marketing to grab attention and improve conversions. To get help with photography, videography or virtual tours, send an email to email@example.com.
Read Also – Does Your Business Need a Virtual Tour?